Welcome to Helsinki!
Ice Dance division of Helsingin Luistelijat welcomes visiting skaters at all levels to join our training program. If you are interested in training within our program in Helsinki, for details please contact by email neil.brown(@)hl.fi.
Before arriving to Finland, please make sure you have few important things in order:
If you need a visa for entering, we can help you with reference letters.
Helsingin Luistelijat accepts no responsibility or liability with respect to bodily or personal injury, property loss or damage suffered by the visiting skaters.
You will need to have a medical and accident insurance for both on and off the ice covering sports injuries. The EU citizens should have their European Health Insurance Card. Everyone should have at least an equivalent health insurance assuring full medical coverage and also the return to the home country by air transport or by other expeditious means of the ill or injured person.
Helsingin Luistelijat is unfortunately not able to support in finding accommodation for the skaters. However, you may wish to check out the following links to get settled:
- Information about moving and living in Finland https://www.finlandforum.org/
- Vuokraovi: https://www.vuokraovi.com/haku/vuokra-asunnot?locale=en
- http://www.kimppakamppa.fi - Rooms in shared apartments. “Vuokra/kk” means “Rent/month”, “Vapaa” means free/available.
- http://housing.justlanded.com/en/Finland_Southern-Finland_Helsinki/Flatshare/1 - Rooms in shared apartments in English
- Helsinki Bed and Breakfast: http://www.hbb.fi/
- “Oikotie” housing search - for rooms in flat share and studio flats